Zaha Hadid’s Kartal Urban Transformation Project
The project prepared by world’s renowned architect Iraq-originated Zaha Hadid proposes a new architectural network of geometric shapes for Kartal and Pendik. Two sites will be connected. A new metropolis will be established, connecting roads, railways and residential areas. Formation of a new identity and its embedding to the current one is planned.
Business and residential towers are present in the project. There will be parcels ranging from 2,500sqm up to 25,000sqm. Mutually raised towers will be established. Free spaces will be allocated for the parks in sides. All the geometrically-shaped buildings will be combined. There will be more of business towers and less of residential buildings. There will also be cultural fields, opera house, park, hotels, restaurants, yacht port and marina
- A strong and unique relationship between organized ideas of project and its material presentation
- “Regulating network” ’s flexibility and loose embrasure system proposed by the project and their successful application of connecting current building structure in the district
- Successful distribution of usage and density over the land within urban and local framework
- Adaptable and a regulating environment will facilitate the creation of furnishing in the project’s development in the future
- The potential of the project for creating stages and parcelization
- The stress of relationship with the tradition planning elements: bloc-type building, parcels in various sizes and shapes, density regulation and logical but not-forcing usage distribution are among those elements.
- Project’s careful level understanding of abstraction and evaluation board’s idea that such abstraction will provide conducive conditions for future discussions.